Numerical Models for Weather Prediction
Here is some information about and links to numerical weather forecasting models.
- Forecast models from National Weather Service
- List of links, mostly external. Some links have descriptions, some do not.
- National Centers for Environmental Prediction
- Links to numerous offices, such as environmental modeling, space weather prediction, seasonal climate predictions.
- Pivotal Weather
- Private company with links to many numerical predictions.
- NOAA Fact Sheet on numerical weather prediction models
- Introduction to forecast models (video)
- Video (23:09) from Pivotal Weather
- Forecast models (video)
- Academic introduction video (9:03) to ins and outs of forecast models.
- Short (2:45) video promoting the High Resolution Rapid Refresh model.
- Ensemble Model
- How ensemble averaging works (XKCD).
Copyright © 2007, Richard Barrans
Revised: 09 January 2020. Maintained by Richard Barrans.