Tropical cyclones are the most destructive storms on earth. The following links contain good information about them.
- What are hurricanes, typhoons, and tropical cyclones?
- from UK Met Office. explains the basics in some detail.
- Super Hurricanes
- fromn Space Rip. Accurate, good photography.
- Hurricanes 101
- From National Grographic. Short, conveys the basics.
- 27 Storms: From Arlene to Zeta
- Animation of the 2005 Atlantic hurricane season.
- 2017 Hurricane Season recap
- Interviews with NASA climate scientists about the 2017 Atlantic hurricane season. (Facebook event)
- How NASA studies hurricanes
- Video describing NASA's atmospheric satellites and what they observe.
- Towers in the Tempest
- Animation and discussion of “hot towers” in an intense hurricane's eye wall.
Informative Web sites
Copyright © 2007, Richard Barrans
Revised: 16 January 2018. Maintained by Richard Barrans.